- It is said that Chello is a "sort of a sideways combination of Checkers and Othello brought to you by : The office of Dubious Programming" (it is the collective name of the authors). So Checkers + Othello = Checkthello = Chello !
Ataxx = Checkers + Othello
- On Macintosh. Version 1.0 in grey, black and white, from 1991. Version 1.1 in colours.Made by James Preston (Santa Clara, California), written in Symantec's Think Pascal, this game is a shareware of 5 $.
- Board 6x6 ou 7x7 or 8x8. There are several blocks configurations, eight in 6x6, eleven in 7x7, ten in 8x8, some of them have only a vertical symmetry. It is possible to configure his own blocks. Blue and red pieces (The beginning colour is choosen).
- You play against human or against computer (here, 3 levels : Mac is so-so, Mac is good, Mac is even better).
- Pieces are animated (as a tennis ball) and there are sounds : the electronic wistling of a ball, for the moves, and the "plop" of an exploding balloon, for the colour changes.
- To download here (101 Kb, hqx format).