- This game of Hexxagon has two special characteristics. At first, hexagons are squared, in staggered rows, so that each one is surrounded by 6 others, as for hexagons.... Then the squares and the blocks (here holes) are not symmetrical on the board, and the board is not hexagonal, but rectangular !
Although, the moving mode is wholly classical.
- Created by Gary Mace fot the Mace Software Inc., this game has the copyright 1996-1997. Version 1.0. It is a 14.45 $ shareware, with limitation to 30 days and 3 boards, instead of 9.
- In addition to the above board, here are the two others ones, available without license :
- Red pieces for human, blue pieces for the computer, here are the classical colours of Ataxx. It is possible to play human against human. Sound. The level is medium.
- To download it, go to the author page (be care, the size is around 1.8 Mb).
- Attention, attention, a version 2 has come at the end of 1998, very different from the first one. The site address is the same, version 1 has disappeared, and I don't rech to download version 2 !