- Cache Explorer easily keeps, out of the cache, the pages and the links of a visited site. It is an essential functionnality, alas missing in the best browsers.
To keep indefinitely the sites you have visited
- Remark: all the pages of a site are not treated, only the pages displayed (and so put in the cache of your browser).
- However, you have to know that in the complicated sites, with several java applets, Cache Explorer cannot be efficient. It is because it removes the levels of directories, and if it modify links toward Html pages, it don't do it for links between applets (.class). Here, you have to create manually theses directories, and fill them (for more informations, see our page about java games recovery, in our site Ataxx).
- Here, you see a save operation. A site of the cache is selected. You have to choose a destination directory and you see the parameters that manage this save operation.
- This is a 20 $ shareware. Without this payment, the software stops to work after one month. It also exists a Netscape version (and the MSIE version allows to import from the Netscape cache). It is to download from the site of the author, the german Matthias Wolf.