- This Ataxx is extreme by several ways. At first its strength : it is, at
its creation in 1999, the best Ataxx game. The author can win occasionally at
level 3, but not at level 4. And there is a level 5, still quick to play. And
new players would like the levels 1 and 2.
- There is also a complete management of blocks, with the
codifications presented in the blocks-config
of this site. This is, below, the one corresponding to the above game.
- Extreme is also the interest of the author, the canadian Mark
Fitzgerald, who liked the Leland arcade game of 1990.
Extreme is also the interest of the author, the Canadian Mark Fitzgerald, who
liked the Leland arcade game of 1990. In
1994, with a friend, he wrote a first Ataxx for Windows 3.1. In the middle of
1998, he rewrote the program, only keeping the icon, and did the present game
version 1.0, for Windows.
- Extreme, at least, is the availability of this game, because it is
in the GNU Public Licence. So anyone may inhance the game. And I hope a version
for Linux, MacOs, BeOs...
- It is a very classical Ataxx, with the undo possibility. And it is
the first to have the following rule : if the same position repeats 3 times,
the game ends, and the player with the most pieces wins.
- To download this EAtaxx, very easy to install, go on the page of the