- Created by Mark Lefler et Jeff Mallett (USA), then Jodi Kramps and Kevin Miller, this game belongs to Zillions of games !, a new concept : « Zillions is an entirely new gaming technology incorporating a universal game designer system with an artificial intelligence. Unlike present games Zillions lets users create and play their own games. ». Some of these games are ready programed. One of them is called Blobs, and it is an Ataxx game.
- There are height variants : Blobs, Checkered, Doors, Mixers, More Doors, Plus, Walls, Web. They only have different blocks (called "walls")
- Remember that the word Blobs was already used as the first name of Berries.
- As this game has many parameters, it has several descriptions. Abilities to save, load. Classical size of the board and of the beginning positions.
- The variant "Web :
Ideal to create variants !
- But Zillions allows to create variants many more sophisticated than the ones with only different blocks position. See our page Zillions variants.
- The use of the mouse is special because there are two ways, according to a piece is added (move without jump) or is moved (with jump).
- You know more by going to the Zillions site. This game was to be available at the end of 1997, but there was some lateness, and it was finished at the end of 1998... and, wholly, 292 games... at the beginning, then it is growing... and now there is a demonstration version...